Thursday, July 14, 2011

HAUNTING

Haunting–adjective 1.remaining in the consciousness; not quickly forgotten: haunting music; haunting memories. –noun 2. the act of a person or thing that haunts;  visitation.

Residual Haunting-repeated playbacks of auditory, visual, olfactory, and other sensory phenomena that are attributed to a traumatic event, life-altering event, or a routine event of a person or place, like an echo or a replay of a videotape of past events.

I am haunted.  Rather I am coexisting in a body and mind with many residual hauntings.  It's comparable to acting in a movie while projectors are casting images of other movies onto the scenery and the actors and speakers hiss with distinct, yet unintelligible voices.  And each image and whisper affects and distracts me from the scene at hand.  Sometimes so close I have to look through them, sometimes so loud it's like a tornado around me no one can see or hear.

I have an appointment scheduled to find out about EMDR.  Maybe that will help.  It's time to weed out the specters.  Since she died, they think they run the joint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment